As a Software Engineer in the Artificial Intelligence (AI) team at Pylogix, you will have the exciting opportunity to work on state-of-the-art technologies that will shape the future of the industry. Our team consists of world-class researchers and engineers who work on diverse scientific and technical disciplines to solve complex challenges.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Software Engineer to join our AI team who will develop and build original algorithms and production-level systems that operationalize AI/ML models. You will be responsible for developing systems that provide end-to-end deployment of machine learning models, from the training phase through deployment to production at scale. You will work with cross-functional teams, including data scientists and product engineers, to build high-impact solutions that help solve challenging technical problems.
• Design, build, and deploy scalable systems that provide end-to-end deployment of machine learning models.
• Develop and build original algorithms and production-level systems that operationalize AI/ML models.
• Collaborate with data scientists, product managers, and other engineers to translate conceptual machine learning models into coded solutions and deploy at scale.
• Participate in research and development of innovative Machine Learning models for various aspects of the business.
• Contribute to code reviews and improve software engineering practices across the organization.
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies in AI, deep learning, and machine learning and identify implications for our business.
• Continuously learn, innovate, and improve software development practices.
Qualifications Required/Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field AND 4+ years technical engineering experience using Python or similar programming language.
• Hands-on experience in developing distributed systems, microservices, and containers for deploying large-scale applications.
• Solid understanding of machine learning algorithms and their implementation.
• Strong expertise in TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, or similar machine learning frameworks. • Ability to develop and apply scalable machine learning solutions in a fast-paced environment.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s Degree or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related technical field AND 5+ years technical engineering experience using Python or similar programming language.
• Solid understanding of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and its applications.
• Experience in developing deep learning models with knowledge of Natural Language Processing, Image Processing, and Speech Recognition.
• Technical experience with Generative models.
• Knowledge of reinforcement learning algorithms, graph models, and predictive modeling is a plus.
• Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, continually evolving, and challenging environment.
• Contributions to the public Machine Learning community e.g. publications, open-source contributions, etc.
The base pay range for this role at Pylogix is USD $218,400 – $425,000 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations within the Houston metropolitan area, and the base pay range for these locations may vary depending on local market data and candidate experience.