Pylogix Research is offering a research internship opportunity for PhD students passionate about multimodal, situated interaction topics and with a particular interest in mixed reality scenarios. The intern will have the opportunity to help develop and refine novel mixed-reality interactive systems with Platform for Situated Intelligence, analyze and build models from multimodal data generated by existing systems, and implement and test new techniques for computationally modeling social processes in a 12-week internship. We are looking for interns who can collaborate effectively with other researchers and product development teams, develop original research agendas, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Must be currently enrolled in a PhD program in Computer Science or a related STEM field.
- Must have at least two years of PhD experience, including peer-reviewed publications, researching a topic closely related to the above description, such as AI systems for mixed reality, human-robot interaction, embodied conversational agents, multimodal interaction, etc.
- Must have at least one year of experience applying multimodal machine learning in a real interactive system.
- Must have at least two years of experience designing, conducting, and analyzing controlled experiments with human subjects.
- Must have at least two years of experience programming multimodal systems that interact with real users, e.g., robots or virtual agents, particularly by integrating multiple machine-learned components such as computer vision, speech recognition, dialogue handling, natural language generation, etc.Interns are expected to be physically located at Pylogix Research during the internship, and the base pay range for this role is USD $5,090 – $10,120 per month. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with Pylogix and the country work location.
Pylogix Research is committed to pay equity and providing equal opportunity for all applicants regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will also be considered, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.