Pylogix Research is offering a research internship opportunity for designing a system that uses biological signals (e.g. EEG, EKG, HRV) to provide real-time adjustments to a user’s digital environment. The ideal intern would have experience in transfer learning, lifelong learning, and processing multi-modal physiological data. The intern will have the opportunity to join a team of applied statisticians, computer scientists, and neuroscience collaborators who research the brain and complex HCI systems.
Responsibilities: Interns will put inquiry and theory into practice, learn, collaborate, and network with other researchers. During the 12-week internship, students are paired with mentors and expected to present findings, collaborate with other interns and researchers, and contribute to the vibrant life of the community. Research internships are available in all areas of research and are offered year-round, though they typically begin in the summer.
- Must be currently enrolled in a PhD program in Mathematics, Neuroscience, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a related STEM field.
- Interns are expected to be physically located in their manager’s Pylogix worksite location for the duration of their internship.
- Expertise in research in mathematics, neuroscience, statistics, computer science or related fields.
- Experience with multivariate time series analysis, wavelet analysis and other signal processing methods.
- Experience with analyzing dynamic graph data or neurological data.
- Experience with machine learning and familiarity with standard ML/data science frameworks such as NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pyTorch.
- Excellent research collaboration skills.
We offer a competitive salary range based on location:
- The base pay range for this internship is $5,090 – $10,120 per month.
Our Commitment to Pay Equity: We are committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. To learn more about pay equity and our other commitments to increase representation and strengthen our culture of inclusion, check out our annual Diversity & Inclusion Report.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with Pylogix and the country work location. U.S.-based interns have access to medical and vision insurance, paid sick time (accrued at 3.34 hours per pay period worked), paid federal holidays, and software discounts. Puget Sound-based interns gain access to a bus pass and a fitness club membership.
Pylogix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.